AtriCure, Inc. is a medical device company and a leader in developing, manufacturing and selling innovative cardiac surgical ablation systems designed to create precise lesions in cardiac tissue for the treatment of atrial fibrillation, or AF, and systems for the exclusion of the left atrial appendage. Cardiothoracic surgeons are adopting AtriCure’s ablation products for the treatment of AF during concomitant open-heart surgical procedures and sole-therapy minimally invasive procedures. AF affects more than 5.5 million people worldwide and predisposes them to a five-fold increased risk of stroke. AtriCure’s Synergy Ablation System is the first and only device approved by the FDA for the treatment of Persistent and Longstanding Persistent forms of Afib in patients undergoing certain open concomitant procedures.
Regional Sales Manager - Indianapolis
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and closing direct business sales in in cardiac operating and related departments within hospitals. This role must be able to train and support the surgeon and their staff in various procedures and provide support in the O.R. and during follow-up patient care as required. This position requires excellent relationship management, team work and strategic planning with the Product Development team.
Other duties & responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement and execute a strategic sales plan for designated territory to achieve assigned targets
- Continually identify new customers, contacts and opportunities
- Increase penetration and adoption within existing accounts to build upon and grow the base business
- Work closely with the Area Director to implement and execute strategies to achieve corporate sales goals
- Work with marketing to share industry news and trends and receive feedback of the same
- Attend industry trade shows and events as needed
- Manage your territory and track customer activity
- Responsible for understanding and satisfying the requirements for obtaining access to a hospital, healthcare system, or other client site
Education and experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Experience selling in the medical device industry preferred
- Specific knowledge and selling experience related to cardiac surgical ablation systems highly preferred
- Must have successful track record with sales quota achievement
- Must have strong clinical and technical aptitude
- Must be confident, goal oriented, self-motivated and a team player
- Must have strong and proven relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate must enjoy and excel at personal relationship building.
- Problem-solving / trouble-shooting skills
- Computer experience with Microsoft programs such as PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to travel 25-80% depending on territory size, location and maturity.