Certain areas of the Site contain information intended only for licensed medical professionals. Accordingly, AtriCure reserves the right to limit certain areas of the Site to those persons who register and meet the qualifications imposed by us. This Policy addresses our privacy practices relating to general use of our Site as well as its use by any registered user.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. By visiting our website, you are accepting the practices described herein.
Information We Collect
In General. We receive and store any information you enter through the Site or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and e-mail addresses.
We will collect personal information when you: 1. contact us through the Site (by clicking on the "Contact" button at the top of each web page). 2. submit your resume online in response to a job posting. 3. register online for an event or course. 4. or, initiate other transactions on our Site.
Licensed Medical Professionals: If you are a licensed medical professional, we will ask you to register on the Site to access password-protected areas. When you register on our Site, we will ask you to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, profession, email address, postal mail address, title and clinical affiliation. We also will collect your username and password when you log into the Site.
Information from Other Sources: We also may periodically obtain information about you from third parties and add it to our account information. Examples of information we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, which we use to correct our records; purchase history, which we use to provide you with opportunities tailored to your apparent interests; and demographic information, which we use to better understand your potential purchasing preferences.
Automatic Information: We automatically collect some information about your computer when you visit the Site. For example, we will collect your IP address, Web browser software (such as Netscape Navigator or Internet Explorer), and referring web site. We also may collect information about your activity on this Site, such as the web pages you visit. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help improve your user experience.
Cookies: When you visit the Site, we may assign your computer a "cookie" (a small, unique identifier text file) to remember who you are. For example, if you register on the Site, we may record your username in a cookie for verification purposes. We also may include other information in our cookie files; for example, if you arrived at our Site via a link from third party site, we may include the URL of the linking page.
Use of Personal Information
Please review “Your choices with respect to the Collection and Use of Personal Information” below.
Job Applicants: If your personal information is submitted through the Site when applying for a position with AtriCure, your personal information will be used solely for the purpose of accepting and evaluating you for the position. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future positions at AtriCure. This information may be shared within AtriCure as well as with third-party service providers contracted by us to collect and maintain candidate submissions for job postings.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your Personal Information:
• To third-party vendors that are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of AtriCure and are required to uphold and maintain AtriCure’s policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your personal information. These vendors include those who maintain our computer databases or perform marketing activities for AtriCure relating solely to services provided by AtriCure and its affiliates.
• To business partners with whom we may jointly offer a product or service offering. You can tell when a third party is involved because the third party’s name will appear on informational materials. If you choose to take advantage of these offerings, we may share information about you, including personal information, with those named partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
• When advisable or necessary to conform to legal and regulatory requirements.
• To law enforcement personnel and agencies, or as part of a legal process, in order to protect our property or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of the Site rules and policies, unauthorized access to or use of the Site or any other illegal activities.
• In connection with a change of control or operations, including without limitation in any merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring or any other transfer of AtriCure assets, or a transfer of the Site operations.
Please note that when you provide AtriCure with personal information through the Site, the information will be housed on servers located in the United States. In addition, the entities (described above) that may receive personal information may be established in the United States or other countries. By using this website, you understand and agree that your personal information may be used, stored, and processed in the United States and other countries that may have a different level of privacy protection than that available in your own country.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Site. This information does not contain any personal information and is most often used to develop content and services that we hope you find of interest.
Your Choices With Respect To The Collection and Use of Personal Information
• As noted above, you can choose not to provide AtriCure with personal information, although it may be needed to register as a member on the Site and to participate in certain features offered through the Site.
• You can access or update you personal information by sending an email to webmaster@AtriCure.com.
• You may stop the delivery of commercial email communications by following the instructions accompanying a particular communication or by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that you will still receive administrative and other communications necessary for your use of the Site.
• The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
Reviewing or Changing Information
If you are a registered user, you may obtain a copy of any personal information about you that you provide through the Site or otherwise make changes to or delete such personal information by modifying your profile at the Login Screen or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may retain certain information associated with your account for analytical purposes and recordkeeping integrity, to enforce our terms and conditions, and as needed to take actions otherwise permitted by law. Requests for changes to or deletions of your Personal Information should be made by you directly.
Other Web Sites
This Policy applies only to www.atricure.com and www.afibfacts.com. AtriCure operates many web sites for different purposes and in multiple jurisdictions where local laws may apply. This Site includes links to both our affiliated sites and to non-AtriCure websites, including access to content, products and services of such affiliated and non-affiliated sites (“Other Sites”). In some cases, these Other Sites are made available via "framing technology", and may appear to be part of this Site. However, prior to accessing Other Sites or non-AtriCure content via the Site, a dialogue box will inform you that you are about to leave the Site, and will prompt you for your consent to proceed. Although some of the entities controlling these framed sites are under contract with AtriCure, we urge you to familiarize yourself with the individual privacy and other terms for each linked or framed site prior to submitting your personal information.
We take seriously the security of the information we collect. We have implemented technology and security policies and procedures intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to, such information, reasonably appropriate to the nature of the data concerned. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we e employ firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
A Special Word About Posting Personal Information and Email
Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, that information can be collected and used by others. By posting personal information online that is publicly accessible, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Our Site is not generally intended for use by children, and AtriCure does not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that a user under the age of 13 has registered or is attempting to register, we will notify the user that he or she is not eligible for registration and we delete that information from our records.
How You Can Contact Us
If you would like to communicate with AtriCure regarding privacy issues or have questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or Site, please forward such communication to: email@example.com
Last updated: January 12, 2007