Marketing Communications SpecialistWest Chester, OH
AtriCure, Inc. is a medical device company and a leader in developing, manufacturing and selling innovative cardiac surgical ablation systems designed to create precise lesions in cardiac tissue for the treatment of atrial fibrillation, or AF, and systems for the exclusion of the left atrial appendage. Cardiothoracic surgeons are adopting AtriCure’s ablation products for the treatment of AF during concomitant open-heart surgical procedures and sole-therapy minimally invasive procedures. AF affects more than 5.5 million people worldwide and predisposes them to a five-fold increased risk of stroke. AtriCure’s Synergy Ablation System is the first and only device approved by the FDA for the treatment of Persistent and Longstanding Persistent forms of Afib in patients undergoing certain open concomitant procedures.
The Marketing Communications Specialist position contributes to company success by leading or assisting with the development and execution of tactical (downstream) marketing initiatives under the direction of the Group Marketing Manager. This position is also responsible for the management and continuous improvement of the major sales/marketing support systems including systems for digital, social, print, and mobile application marketing collateral. In addition to this marketing aspect, this position will oversee the maintenance and execution of all marketing documents within our Quality System. As AtriCure operates in a heavily regulated medical device environment this position ensures not only that we are compliant with our own Quality System but by extension all federal regulations pertaining to manufacture and sale of medical devices to healthcare professionals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in planning, design, and development of the corporate website, marketing materials, and other promotional / educational materials. Work with vendors to create and execute professional quality content.
- Oversee daily requirements for Corporate Websites, AtriHub (inquiries database), and AeroNavigator (print materials fulfillment site).
- Act a marketing point person regarding Quality procedures, managing and organizing all appropriate content through the Promotional Copy Review (PRC) process.
- Track marketing documents throughout our Quality System including the archiving in our electronic data management system.
- Stores, retrieves, and integrates information for distribution to staff and customers in electronic and hard copy format including Master Control, AtriHub, and AeroNavigator
- Coordinate PR activities that may include; advertising, event and tradeshow marketing, hospital and patient marketing and education programming, and organizing coverage of events with local media.
- Implement innovative eMarketing and web-based campaigns.
- Create spreadsheets, compose correspondence, manage databases, and create presentations, reports, and documents by using desktop publishing software and digital graphics. Must have the ability to layout/design forms, letters, calendars, newsletters and other Marketing materials upon request.
- Assists members of the senior management team and key departments in internal and external communications and presentations on an ad hoc basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or communications with 1+ years of experience in Marketing or Marketing Campaign Management, OR
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience in Marketing or Marketing Campaign Management
- Experience managing outside vendor relationships
- Ability to work effectively and at times lead in cross-functional teams
- Experience Using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat PRO, etc.)
- Knowledge of core marketing principles/ terms/ processes
- General familiarity with PR, Social Media, website management, graphic design, record-keeping, and database management
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to learn about the cardiac device market
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and time management skills to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Strong computer skills; operate an assortment of contemporary office equipment, and computer software programs including advanced skills in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, Sharepoint, Publisher
- Ability to learn and operate new software programs as required
- “Big picture” thinking of overall strategy and ability to make independent, informed decisions that produce quality work
- Ability to anticipate the expectations and needs of the organization in order to take a proactive approach in completing projects and problem recognition/ solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Desired but not required:
Experience with Website CMS (content management system), Social Media, and mobile app development/ management
Experience in Developing and / or managing development of online sales support systems
Experience in Medical Device Marketing, Sales, and / or PR
Experience in developing and / or managing; PR, Advertising, and / or Social Media Campaigns