Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion Devices
The ONLY Complete LAA Exclusion Solution
Providing an atraumatic solution with permanent results for the Exclusion of the Left Atrial Appendage.
AtriCure® was the FIRST to receive FDA clearance for a device designed solely for the surgical occlusion of the Left Atrial Appendage (LAA).
The AtriClip® (applied to the outside surface of the Left Atrial Appendage) device permanently occludes the Left Atrial Appendage at its base from the circulating blood, preventing blood from entering the trabeculated pouch that is the source for over 95% of detected blood clots (thrombi) in patients with Atrial Fibrillation1. AtriClip’s best in class performance is already clearly evident and confirmed with several pre-clinical and clinical peer reviewed publications availible2-7.
Almost all medical devices have different requirements before a product is approved for market in each country. Please click on the “Product Availability” button on each product page to find out if the product you are viewing is available in your country.
- Fuster, MD, PhD, FACC, FAHA, FESC, Co-Chair, I. (2006). Acc/aha/esc 2006 guidelines for the management ofpatients with atrial fibrillation . Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 8(4), e149-e246. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2006.07.018
- Ailawadi, MD, G. (2011). Exclusion of the left atrial appendage with a novel device: Early results of a multicenter trial. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 1-8. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jtcvs.2011.07.052
- Salzberg, MD, S. P. (2010). Left atrial appendage clip occlusion: Early clinical results. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 139(5), 1269-1274. doi: doi:10.1016/j.jtcvs.2009.06.033
- P. Salzberg, P. S. (2008). Surgical left atrial appendage occlusion: evaluation of a novel device with magnetic resonance imaging. European Journal of Cardio-thoracic Surgery, 34, 766-700. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ejcts.2008.05.058
- Fumoto, MD, H. (2008). A novel device for left atrial appendage exclusion: The third-generation atrial exclusion device. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 136(4), 1019-1027. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2008.06.002
- Kamohara, MD, K. (2006). Impact of left atrial appendage exclusion on left atrial function. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 133(1), doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2006.08.057
- Kamohara, MD, K. (2006). Evaluation of a novel device for left atrial appendageexclusion: The second-generation atrial exclusion device. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery, 132, 340-6. doi: 10.1016/j.jtcvs.2006.04.021